Saturday, January 01, 2011

Loved Ones

1| You went and got me cheesy fries and played me Bon Iver when my heart was broken. You were always rooting for me and my heart. I think music connects us like string and a tin can telephone--even across states. And I call you my wench.

2| You taught me how to pound the notes with the tips of my fingers, to hold my hands up right, to sit up straight, and to give music some heart. You gave me ice cream after lessons, even when I hadn't practiced much. I hope I make you proud someday.

3| You took me fishing, blueberry picking, four-wheeling, deer watching, rock picking, wood piling, mountain driving, egg hunting, and all kinds of traveling. I'll never forget Mexico and the Pacific Ocean with you and Auntie, visiting you in Palm Springs and stealing oranges, and so much more. You always loved to stop for a burger or an ice cream. I thought you owned a famous Seattle drive-in. My favorite uncle, better than a grandpa.

1 comment:

lauren said...

love.